Blackjack is known as one of those games in a casino with true gambling soul. The main Blackjack rule is to get 21 points or as close to this number as possible. One more term is that you must do it earlier than dealer does. There are some rules for gamblers to use to play smart and win. We will show you how to play using the Blackjack strategy. What makes Blackjack popular is a low house edge, which guarantees the player has really good chances to win.
|1||Bondibet||200% + 25 FS|
|2||24 Pokies Casino||$1,500|
|3||Betchan Casino||AU$1500 + 120 FS|
|4||Planet 7 OZ||330% + 50 FS|
|5||Playamo Casino||AU$1500 + 150 FS|
|8||RagingBull||350% + 50 FS|
|9||Uptown Aces||$8888 + 350 FS|
|10||Slots of Vegas||300%|
In online real money casino, you will find a vast range of Blackjack games. Among them the most sought-after are Pontoon (or Spanish 21), European Blackjack, Multi-Hand Blackjack, Single-deck, Double exposure and of course Classic Blackjack. What differs them all is a number of decks, thus a number of cards the shoe includes, the general rules. Some options for gambler are allowed in every Blackjack game, others are pretty rare, like a chance to surrender. Besides, there are no special options for the dealer’s game – it means fewer rules to keep in mind for a successful game as his steps submit only one significant rule of the soft and hard hand.
How to play Blackjack
Usually, a dealing shoe consists of 1- 8 decks. For instance, Blackjack Spanish 21 (or Pontoon) is played with 6 or 8 decks where each deck includes 48 cards. The game starts when the dealer draws two cards to the player. The same is for himself. Both participant’s cards are face-down or face-up depending on the Blackjack type. One of dealer’s card is face-up which also known as upcard, so the player can see its value.
It’s necessary as it helps to count the next step since in a moment the player will see his both cards and their values plus he can see one of dealer’s card and he can decide what to do next – to draw another card, stand at his hand or split the pair and continue with each hand separately.
Basic Blackjack Rules
Blackjack is such a game that has a bunch of rules to keep in mind. Otherwise, you take a risk to lose or at least not to win as much money as you desire. The main rules are about bets and system of counting cards. Depending on the initial cards in your hand you will do certain steps like draw another card or hit, stand, split cards and a couple of other options.
Let’s start with the card values:
- 2-9 by its value:
- 10, Jack, Queen, and King – 10 points:
- Ace can be either 1 or 11.
These cards and their value define what hand the participant has – a soft or a hard one. This is an important moment to decide what the next step will be.
Soft hand includes Ace when it costs 11 points. For instance, you have Ace+6 = soft 17. A+2+5= soft 18.
Hard hand, on contrary, is the one when Ace costs 1 point. Hard hands are the following: A+10 or 3+A+10+4.
The reason why you need to pay attention to this fact is the strategy to follow in the game. We will speak about different strategies in blackjack down below.
Blackjack Terms and Phrases
Look at your cards carefully and make up your mind about the next step.
- Split a pair – if the participant has a pair of cards of same value or 2 cards of 10-value he may split these cards into 2 hands and start playing with each of them. If he decided to do this then the player should double his bet first.
- Stand – means the player does not need to add another card to his initial 2 cards.
- Hit – is an option when the player hits/ draws another card or even more. If a drawn card in sum gives more than 21 points at hand then the player loses.
- Double down– is another option when the gambler, looking at his 2 cards, take a decision to double a bet and draw for 1 more (only one) card.
- Surrender – this option helps the player to save a half of his bet if he loses. This works only with 2 initial cards. Not every online casino allows this option.
Dealer’s option in Blackjack
Depending on summary points at his hand, the dealer may take such steps. But bear in mind that these options are specific for each casino you play. It means that you should go and check the rules before starting to play.
- If he has 16 points he must draw.
- If he has soft 17 he may hit or stand.
- If he has more than 21 points, he loses. The gambler wins his bet.
- If he has less than 21 then a higher sum of points will win – it could be both player and dealer.
There is a definition gamers came up with – basic Blackjack strategy. But do not hurry to think of only one strategy or a bunch of rules to learn by heart which will lead to the victory each time you play. This kind of strategy is developed by players for each option from the list above. It means you will have a chart with recommendations for the steps for different situations:
- When to surrender;
- When to use insurance;
- When to hit or stand considering the hard or a soft hand.
Basic strategies in Blackjack are made for a different number of decks – there are specific charts for 4, 6 and 8-decks Blackjack. Use the appropriate chart for the Blackjack strategy to decrease the house edge as much as possible. Watch, learn and practice as much as you can to achieve perfect result – jackpot in your pocket.